NACE COMMUNITY RULES AND GUIDELINES
Thank you for being part of the NACE Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
If you have questions about the rules or guidelines, please direct them to the Community Manager.
- Comments and discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, and should be respectful and professional in nature and in tone. Please allow others to have their say; please do not attack or challenge others.
- Comments and discussions should add to the body of knowledge. NACE reserves the right to reject any posting for any reason.
- All postings must be made in the name of an individual vs. an anonymous account. (The NACE Community is open only to members of the National Association of Colleges and Employers; it is a members-only benefit.)
- Comments and discussions should not be commercial or promotional in nature. Please do not post commercial or promotional messages on any discussion, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. (This includes job opportunities, career and job fairs, books, workshop, conferences, web-based service, e-mail or online polls, surveys, and/or focus groups, or other career/recruitment resources.) Contact people directly with product and service information only in response to a request for information.
- Do not discuss specific products or services with the community as a whole. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- As noted below in more detail, do not post any information or other materials protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Please note carefully all items listed in the “Legal Considerations” section below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
DISCUSSION GROUP ETIQUETTE
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “Remove me from the list.” Instead, go to your profile (accessible from the top of the page), and make your changes there. (Need assistance? Contact NACE Customer Service.)
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of the National Association of Colleges and Employers. The National Association of Colleges and Employers is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NACE disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the National Association of Colleges and Employers be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Association of Colleges and Employers the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the National Association of Colleges and Employers, we will take all appropriate action.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With whom do we share the personal information we collect through this site?
Our Service Providers: We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures: We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the risks whenever you use the Internet.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.